Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Week 2 of Summer Card Camp

 

Here’s this week’s color combo…

week2

Here’s my entry

IMG-20110706-00049

I got the idea from a card in an old issue of PaperCrafts Magazine (my favorite magazine!).  I started with scraps in my scrap bin.  The punch is Stampin Up “Scallop Trim Border”.   The ink is Stampin Up Mambo Melon, I also colored the felt flower with the same ink.  The stamp is PaperTrey Ink, from the set “Signature Greetings”.  The ribbon and twine are random pieces that ended up matching really well.

I added a few scalloped pieces to the inside to finish it up…

IMG-20110706-00055

My DD wanted to participate in the Kid’s Challenge from the Summer Card Camp.  I let her look through magazines and pick an example.  I showed her the colors and here’s what she came up with…

IMG-20110706-00046

With the exception of cutting the word “sun” and the shapes for the sun out with the Cricut, this entire card was made by my very creative 7 year old!  She picked all of her papers and embellishments!  What do you think?!   I love it!!!

1 comment:

Maddie M. said...

I like your card!