Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Layout

birthday page

For today’s layout I used several different design techniques.  My favorite would have to be the Shrinky Dinks and Bic Mark-It pens.   Here’s a closer look at one of the elements I made with them…birthday page 2

First, I cut the Shrinky Dink material (you can buy it at most craft stores, I got mine at Michael’s) using the Simply Charmed cartridge.  Second, I colored the cake with Bic Mark-It pens.  These pens are awesome!  They are permanent and they dry pretty fast, so there’s no big mess.  Third, I used a heat tool to shrink the material.  Once the Shrinky Dink is shrunk, the colors become darker and more vivid.  You can also color the Shrinky Dink after it’s shrunk!  Boy, that was a mouthful!!! 

Here’s a sneak of something I made with my birthday present!  More projects will hopefully follow using my new toy, I mean tool!  I had to send it back to Provo Craft and I am still waiting on a replacement.  I was able to print this fun border out, but it did not cut. 

birthday page 3

The birdie is another Shrinky Dink colored with Bic Mark-It pens. 

I used K & Company patterned paper for the background.  The solid paper is Bazzill’s.  The font was cut with Make the Cut on the Cricut, as are the word balloons.  The ribbon is Stampin’ Up.  Enjoy!

No comments: