Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Very Special Project

Today’s post is the start to many post to come of a very special project I’ve been working on.  This July will be my parent’s 40th wedding anniversary.  I wanted to make something special for them.  So, I made a scrapbook that will be titled, “The Story of Us”.  I haven’t actually put the book together yet.  The pages are without photos so my mom and dad can pick pictures and also do the journaling to tell their story for generations to come!

So, on to the first page!DSC05466

The tree is cut from Create a Critter, the base of the tags is cut from TBBM, the title is cut with MTC and I used a Fiskars punch for the grass and a Stampin’ Up punch for the top of the tags. 

DSC05468

The tree trunk is embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder, “Notebook”.  I actually put the tree inside the folder on the diagonal so it looked a little less like a “notebook”.  Everything is inked with Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut.

For the entire book I used paper from the  “La Crème” DCWV stack as the base for each layout and for some of the photo mats.

So, what do you think?  Want to see more?  Boy, have I got more!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!
What a beautiful layout, and what an incredible gift of love from you to your parents. They are so blessed to receive this gift, and so blessed to have YOU for a daughter!

Stephanie

Joy said...

Thank you Stephanie!!