Friday, October 28, 2011

Friends with Flare

It’s Friday, and that means Friends with Flare at the Unity Stamp blog!  Here’s my submission!  I made this card for my daddy’s birthday…
2011 10 23_0239
The cake stamp is from “Think Happy Thoughts”, May’s KOM and the “Birthday Wish” stamp is from “All Seasons”, September’s KOM.  I used paper from my scrap stash to paper piece the cake, the other patterned paper is from MME’s Lost and Found.  The card base is craft cardstock.  I used stickels to add dimension and a Gelly Roll pen to accent.  I love how the “Happy” was already on the paper!  I was able to just plan my card around that! 
So, what do you think?
God Bless!

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Love how you used the word already on the paper--brilliant! :)

Kary said...

What a sweet card!! Love the cake image, so cute!

Jingle said...

Super cute card!

sharon g said...

I LOVE notebook paper used on cards!!

Linda said...

what a fun bithday card!

Ruby said...

Sweet card.

Ruby said...

This card is sweet.

Rona said...

super cute birthday card!! love that fun cake!!

JPScraps said...

Cute card!

Noelle Reese said...

I love all the edges, what a fantastic card!

Danie May said...

Yum what a fabulously fun birthday card. I love all the different layers you have pieced together for your cake!

jennifer mitten said...

This is adorable!

Houses Built of Cards said...

So cute! LOVE that cake!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Roslyn said...

I really love how you used the cake stamp! Love the colours on this card too!

Emily Keaton said...

Sweet design! I love that lopsided crazy cake. So fun for a birthday card!

Joni Kix said...

The cake is super cute! It reminds me of something out of Dr. Seuss! Great Card!

Pryn said...

Fantastic card! Love the unique design! Happy birthday to your dad!