Saturday, October 2, 2010

Give Credit Where Credit's Due...

I received a Stampin Up catalog a few months ago and I absolutely loved one of the cards on the cover.  After sitting and staring at it a number of times and asking my Stampin Up consultant how it was created, I made my version.  I totally give all credit to Stampin Up, I didn't use their products (only because I didn't have what I needed!!), but I totally used their design!  So, be inspired, but always give credit where credit is due!!! : )   P.S.  If you would like to order Stampin Up, I'll be having a book party in January.  You can view their catalog online through the Stampin Up website. 

First, I cut the bracket shape out using the Cricut and SCAL.  I glued strips of scrap paper to the shape.  I cut around the strips with an exacto knife.  Second, I cut the same shap out, only smaller and glued it to the middle.  I printed the word "friend" out on the computer and cut it apart then glued it haphazardly.  I stampted a a flower from some misc. stamps I had and colored with pastels.  I added some bling with the blue jewels.
This is the greeting inside.  It is from a stamp set from PaperTrey Ink called "Signature Greetings". 


No comments: